The influence of Indonesian Sign Language (BISINDO) news broadcasts on the audience's understanding of information on television

  • Ahmad Nur Iqbal Yusuf Fakultas Dakwah dan Komunikasi UIN Alauddin Makassar
    (ID)
  • Kamaluddin Tajibu Universitas Islam Negeri (UIN) Alauddin Makassar
    (ID)

Abstract

The rapid development of technology today has a significant impact on the flow of information to all levels of society, including people with disabilities, especially the deaf. Deaf people are always identified as unable to hear (deaf) and unable to speak (mute). In Indonesia, there are two legally recognized sign languages, namely Indonesian Sign Language System (SIBI) and Indonesian Sign Language (BISINDO). The fundamental difference between the two sign languages is that SIBI uses one hand while BISINDO uses two hands. However, the research only examines BISINDO because this sign language is more popular among deaf people. The deaf community of the Indonesian Movement for Deaf Welfare (GERKATIN) in Gowa Regency is the object of this study. The results of this study indicate that the influence of BISINDO news broadcasts on the understanding of the GERKATIN deaf community in Gowa Regency has a coefficient value of Y = 8.053 + 0.363 X. The constant number is 8.053 and the variable coefficient is 0.363, while the calculated t-value is 4.210, which is larger than the t-table of 1.674 with a significance level of 0.000 smaller than α = 0.05. Based on the statistical calculations obtained, the hypothesis in this study is that there is an influence between the two variables, which means that H0 is rejected and Ha is accepted. Meanwhile, the magnitude of the influence shows that the value of R is 0.501a and the coefficient of determination (Rsquare) obtained is 0.251 or 25.1%. This number indicates an influence of 25.1% on the variable and falls into the low category. The remaining 74.9% is influenced by other variables.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

Bungin, Burhan. Metodologi Penelitian

Kuantitatif. VII. Jakarta: Kencana,

Hasrullah. Beragam Perspektif Ilmu

Komunikasi. 1st ed. Jakarta: Kencana

Perdana Media Group, 2013.

Herawati, Erni. “Komunikasi Dalam Era

Teknologi Komunikasi Informasi.”

Binus Journal Publishing 2, no.

Humaniora (2011).

https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.21

/humaniora.v2i1.2955.

Khalik, Abdul. Komunikasi Massa.

Makassar: Alauddin University Press,

Kominfo, PPID. “Undang-Undang Republik

Indonesia Nomor 32 Tahun 2002

Tentang Penyiaran.” KOMINFO, 2002.

https://ppidkemkominfo.files.wordpr

ess.com/2012/11/uu-no-32-tahun 2002-tentang- penyiaran.pdf.

Kusnandar, Viva Budy. “Hanya 13%

Masyarakat Yang Masih

Mendengarkan Radio.” Databoks,

https://databoks.katadata.co.id/data

publish/2019/10/23/hanya-13-

persen-masyarakat-yang-masihmendengarkanradio#:~:

text=Berdasarkan hasil

survei indikator sosial,13%2C31%25

pada 2018.

Kustiani, Rini. “Berapa Banyak

Penyandang Disabilitas Di Indonesia?

Simak Data Ini,” 2019.

https://difabel.tempo.co/read/12668

/berapa-banyak-penyandangdisabilitas-

di-indonesia-simak-dataini.

Nuswantoro, Aloysius Ranggabumi.

“Konservasi Media : Memori Kultural

Pada Media- Media Lama.” Ilmu

Komunikasi 11, no. Ilmu Komun.

(2014).

https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.24

/jik.v11i2.412.

Risky Rahma Yunitasari, Skripsi. “Pengaruh

Terpaan Tayangan Translasi Bahasa

Isyarat Oleh ‘Sign of Language

Interpreter’ (SLI) Di Televisi Terhadap

Pemahaman Audience (Studi Pada

Komunitas Akar Tuli Malang).”

Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang,

Siregar, Syofian. Statistik Parametrik

Untuk Penelitian Kuantitatif. V.

Jakarta: Bumi Aksara, 2017.

Zuhir, Jannata. “Penggunaan Bahasa

Isyarat Indonesia (BISINDO) Pada

Siaran Berita Dalam Pemenuhan

Kebutuhan Informasi Penyandang

Tunarungu Di Kota Banda Aceh.”

Ilmiah Mahasiswa FISIP Unsyiah 4

(2019).

file:///Users/iqbalyusuf/Downloads%

A/11833-25156-1-PB.pdf.

Published
2021-04-30
How to Cite
Yusuf, A. N. I., & Tajibu, K. (2021). The influence of Indonesian Sign Language (BISINDO) news broadcasts on the audience’s understanding of information on television. Jurnal Mercusuar, 2(1). Retrieved from https://journal3.uin-alauddin.ac.id/index.php/mercusuar/article/view/21953
Section
Artikel
Abstract viewed = 466 times